For a start, how many bosses excel in Time Management, Motivation, Interpersonal and Team Building Skills? What therefore, are the fundamentals of Management in this respect? Give yourself full marks if you are expert in each of the following:
- Effective decision making.
- Strategic problem-solving.
- Maintaining a conducive management style.
- Efficient planning and administration of work procedures.
- Managing productive meetings.
- Profesional staff training.
- Quality work performance.
- Inculcating creativity and innovation.
- Articulating a corporate vision.
- Stress management through emotional intelligence.
- Managing the change process effectively.
- Formulating a 360-degree appraisal system i.e evaluations from peers, subordinates, superiors and customers, respectively.
- Analysing the demographic characteristics of your management team.
- Knowing your key sources of sustainable competitive advantage.
Management is not about power and politics. it is about style, skills, strategies and result. Any corporate scriptwriter would tell you that and coaching is not a one time project, it is an on going process. Adiosss....